Beginners guide for Kheerganga 2022.
Let’s imagine a bowl of soup and blissful misty breeze while staying at the campside. As well as a free to use hot spring isn’t it mesmerizing that to at 13000 ft. Above the sea level , yeah I’m talking about Kheerganga. This is a basic level trek in Himalayan chain of mountains. This trek is a hug to you by mother nature. As you’ll be followed by Waterfalls , and not to mention the overwhelming power of river Parvati and many more soul touching experiences from mother nature. I took myself on a journey to this mesmerizing trek and let my pictures talk and here’s the Beginners guide for Kheerganga 2022. Don’t forget to drop a follow HERE
BEST TIME TO VISIT THESE HASH LAND
So you guys might be wondering when will be the best time to visit this hash land covered by green and grey mountains and valleys. Trekking Kheerganga in extreme Summers , Winters or Monsoon is not considered ideal . A transitional season is considered the best time to visit the laps of mother nature such as May to June and September to October. That’s because temperatures are moderate on these occasions and you guys will face no weather problems during your wonderful journey. Moreover these are the post monsoon seasons so you will not have to deal with the slipperiness and puddles which you can face otherwise.
3 ROUTES TO TREK KHEER GANGA
Kheerganga is a approx 10 to 13 km long trek from village Barshaini. Which can be traveled in 3 different trek routes. So here are the trek routes to choose from for the best experience for you.
1.Via Nakthan Village.
To be precise this the easiest and the best way to reach your destination that is Kheerganga. To reach Nakthan village you have to take a right from the bridge situated in Barshaini village. This route is opted by most of the trekkers as it takes only 5 to 6 to reach Kheerganga according to average hiking speed. On this route you will get to witness the sanctifying Parvati river on the left side of your journey. This is the most admired route from most of the trekkers so the chances of getting lost here is zero.
2.Via Kalga Village.
After you have reached Barshaini, take a right turn after a short walk to the bridge. That will lead you to Kalga Village surrounded by a lush green forest behind the village. As this trekking route is surrounded by dense forest, sometimes it’s not easy to stay on the track.
A guide or a person familiar with the route is advised. Most of the people are not aware of this route so lads , who are keen for a spiritual journey to nature are advised to prefer this route. Though it meets the main route after a few kilometers it’s worth a walk.
3.Via Tosh Village.
Another route goes through the infamous Tosh village and the route is joined to the main route near Nakthan village. This route is chosen by the people staying in Tosh village for the night and want to trek the next morning. Via this route you get to witness the blissful Tosh River which finally meets the Parvati River and many more glimpses from mother nature.
What To Do In Kheerganga.
As you guys have decided the best route for you to visit these Hash lands, here are 5 things that you do in Kheerganga. Which will make your journey a memorial one.
1. Planning A Hiking Trip.
If you are an adventurer and want to explore the depths of nature more. You can plan a Hiking trip to some of the most mesmerising spots which are just a few kilometers away.
And just a walk in these lanes will replenish your energy and enthusiasm.
2. Pleasure To Stay At HomeStays.
If you are the kind that misses the comfort which you had at home. Kheerganga is the place not to worry about your homesickness as there are many homestays that are offered to you by the people living in the villages near Kheerganga, and there food can make any city restaurant “A Run For Their Money”.
3. Enjoy The Hot Spring.
Kheerganga is all about the blissful view of mountains and a natural hot spring. Once you are here all you have to do is soak in and relax in the holy Kund while your sore muscles are being relaxed. To be honest that view that one can never forget.
4. Halting At Naktan.
While you are on your way to Kheerganga. Halting at Naktan is a suitable decision. As it is located in the middle of the trek and is very famous for its watermelon juice and noodles which you can have while glancing through the beautiful pathways. This is also helpful to give your legs a rest after a long trek.
5. Pine Forest A Must Visit.
A little ahead from the holy temple of RudraNag, trekkers are welcomed by deep dense pine forest and that leaves the trekkers to explore the charms of Mother Nature.
8 Things You Must Carry To Kheerganga.
- Some wollen sweats as the temperature at night gets low.
- A pair of waterproof lowers.
- Some Ponchu or Raincoats to save from unexpected drizzles.
- A torch and some batteries.
- Walking sticks as you will have problems with certain accents.
- Shades or eye goggles to protect your eyes from the scorching sun .
- Pair of extra shoes.
- Kheerganga is situated in a remote location. So don’t be dependent on E payments, caring Cash is recommended.
Some Recommendations for What Not To Do.
Although you are all set for the trek , there are certain things that one should keep in mind while trekking to kheer ganga.
- It’s my humble request to those who are planning to visit the hash land, please manage your litter responsibly.
- A lil bargain is good,but the locals working there to make you feel like home have to carry all the necessary things from the starting point so we should also respect their hard work.
- Be cautious don’t be silly as you are walking down a tight spot a lil slip can ruin your day, and beware the trail looks easy but is covered with a lot of tight spots. Not a majority of trekkers but some of the trekkers have been injured as there was lack of attention while trekking.
- Don’t stay at Kheerganga for a long time, I mean you can spend a night but start your descent early in the morning. So that you don’t waste most of your time and explore the most out of Parvati Valley.
- Respect the culture and locals as they are the one making your journey, That you can remember the most.
Thanks for reading all about Beginners guide for Kheerganga 2022.